The Woodworker will be responsible for finishing with spray gun, staining, clear coating, sanding, and all work related to producing final finish for a variety of wood products. Must demonstrate a keen eye for detail to find possible flaws and correct in order to produce consistent, high quality finished products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Woodworker will be responsible for spraying or wiping finish stain onto and into wood grain; then apply sealers & top coat.
- Mix finish ingredients to obtain desired colors or shades.
- Mask areas that should not be exposed to finishing processes or substances.
- Select appropriate finishing ingredients such as stain, lacquer, or top coat, depending on process/product specifications.
- Smooth, shape, and touch-up surfaces to prepare them for finishing, using sandpaper, steel wool, or sanders as needed.
- Use & perform routine maintenance on spray equipment and spray booths.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and maintains all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Interact in a positive, constructive manner with staff members on all levels within the company.
- Ensures that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Spray finishing experience preferred but not required (willing to train the right candidate)
- Must be able to work Monday-Thursday 6a-4:30p
- Good hand-eye coordination, concentration skills and a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- A proven ability to work in a flexible work environment and adapt to overtime requirements as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school
Required experience: Wood Finishing: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time