Responsible to provide support to Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager, and the organization, by performing daily inspections of manufactured and/or outsourced goods, finished product, and FAI/PPAP inspections including Gage R&R and statistical studies. Additional responsibilities include: maintenance of the quarantine area; assistance in maintenance of calibration system; and assistance in the execution of all policies, practices, and procedures pertaining to the organization’s Business Management System.
Quality Technician General Accountabilities
- Enforce Safety by following all directions and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Support the mission of the company by identifying and accomplishing team and individual performance goals that directly support the performance goals of the company.
- Play an integral part in making sure the team meets or exceeds performance goals by being willing to do whatever it takes to make this happen, including working flexible hours and overtime when necessary.
- Treat all employees, customers, and suppliers with respect and in accordance with the Company Code of Business Conduct.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement activities across all functional areas and provides input into project selection. Maintains standards that are developed and set through CI projects (ex.5S).
- Participates in safety activities, audits and training. Follows all safety rules and regulations per the Employee Handbook. Understands that safety is the responsibility of every employee.
- Responsible for personal development that keeps the company at the forefront of the technologies associated with industry leadership in the design and manufacture of injection molded plastics and additive manufacturing products.
Quality Technician Responsibilities include as outlined above, and with more detail:
- Create, edit, and maintain part specific Work Instructions, part specific Quality Verification Logs, and Quality Alerts.
- Train new and existing operators on documents listed above.
- Monitor and evaluate operator training.
- Document operator training and confirm + verify if an operator has been trained on all current Work Instructions, ECNs, and/or Quality Alerts.
- Approve in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Disposition in-process rejects or potential nonconforming product), record disposition actions, and maintain records of in-process rejects.
- Approve finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work; indicating approval on inspection records and/or carton labels.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Assist in internal audits and compliance audits.
- Assist in completion of PPAP documentation including Capability Studies and GR&R for lab equipment.
- Utilize automated and manual Measurement Machines and software.
- Assist in maintenance of the quarantine area and control of nonconforming product, including providing input to the CAR/SCAR system when supplier rejects are detected.
- Assist in providing and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Promote a positive working relationship within the Quality Department and with other departments and help develop a team atmosphere.
- Train and guide new Quality Technicians.
- Additional duties as requested.
Quality Technician Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required, 2-year degree a plus, minimum of 5 years demonstrated expertise in a quality environment
- Minimum of 2 years of quality experience in an ISO environment.
- Demonstrated experience using micrometer, calipers and digital comparator; CMM and FARO knowledge is a plus
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a plastic injection molding required; experience in assembly environment preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using an ERP system required; IQMS knowledge a plus
Quality Technician Competencies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to offer alternative solutions
- Strong organizational skills
- Dependable, team oriented, and ambitious
- Must be able to use Conditional Formatting in Excel documents
- Must be able to create, add, edit, and delete Tables in Word documents
- Must be able to create and merge Binders in Adobe Acrobat