We are looking for a responsible Quality Control Technician in a Machine Shop Environment to perform 1st article inspections that are turned in from set up technicians, random line checks for the machine operators and incoming and outgoing material and products as well as production procedures. The ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed. In depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential.
The goal is to ensure that products are made to print and customer satisfaction. That way customers will receive high-quality products so that we can achieve long-term success.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplies
- Average of 6-12 first piece inspections per day, help from set up technicians will be available as needed. Line checks, and occasional PPAP responsibilities. The majority of products are repeat jobs with existing templates but there is a daily need to build a new master inspection sheet in Excel format.
- Approve or reject machined components, and other materials with respect to quality standards/ customer specifications and document results.
- Select output samples and check them using appropriate methods (measuring dimensions, testing functionality, comparing to specifications etc.)
- Use of mics, calipers, dial bore, surface testers, form tracers, Shadow graph, CMM, digital height gages, etc..
- Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics such as number of defective products per day with the help of admin assistant.
- Inspect procedures of the entire production cycle to ensure they are efficient and comply with safety standards
- Prepare and submit reports to the quality or production manager
- Proven experience as quality inspector or relevant role
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Familiarity with quality testing equipment
- Thorough knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
- Working knowledge of Outlook and Excel
- High School Degree; Further qualifications will be a plus
- Zeiss CMM background
- Keyence Vision Systems
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,000.00 to $62,000.00 /year
- Quality Control: 3 years (Required)
Keywords: Quality Assurance/QA /Internal Control /Auditor /Lead /Quality Analysis /Process Engineer/ Inspector /