Immediate opening for an experienced order picker in our shipping department to pull customer orders, package, palletize, label for shipping, maneuver products in the warehouse to provide accurate customer shipping and manage inventory count for accuracy.
Picker/Forklift Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compares product identification information and counts against daily pull sheets.
- Prints labels and affixes shipping and special labels on cartons for designated customers.
- Records shortages.
- Assembles customer orders on pallet to meet customer needs.
- Drives a variety of forklift trucks to move and store cartons on racks in warehouse.
- Verifies and examines shipments for accuracy using hand-held scanner.
- Moves product in and out of warehouse using First-in, First-out (FIFO) method.
- Complies with safety and quality rules and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or the equivalent training required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Forklift certified and experience required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
- Basic math skills and interpretation of data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills