Our client in Capron, IL is seeking a motivated individual for a Metal Polisher position. The Metal Polisher grinds, smooths, and polishes surfaces of the items such as equipment components prior to finishing operations using portable wheel, disc, and/or belt grinder.
As a metal polisher you will enjoy the following:
- Work/life balance with fixed hours from 7am to 3:30pm-NO WEEKEND!!
- Weekly paychecks & paid training.
- Benefits upon hire.
Metal polisher duties & responsibilities:
- Polishes stainless steel and cold rolled steel parts removing excess material and surface defects.
- Selects grade of abrasive belt, disc, or wheel according to grain size to achieve finish specific for each product.
- Bead blast steel parts to a consistent finish, load/unload tumble deburring machine, and finish parts according to: drawings, sketches, or verbal instructions while maintaining high attention to detail to ensure acceptability of finish.
- May perform other duties common to grinding and polishing practices.
Metal polisher qualifications & requirements:
- Ability to use hand tools safely and efficiently.
- Ability to constantly stoop, bend, reach, and move about throughout the duration of shift.
- High level of grip strength and hand function to grasp parts and polishing tools.
- Safety glasses, earplugs, and protective mask must be worn while grinding.
- Metal Polisher/ Buffer/ Surface Grinder/Stainless Steel