Machesney Park, IL
We are looking for a 1st shift Material Handler to help keep our storage areas organized and maintain our inventory. Our client has been turning and milling steel since 1977 and is continuing to grow. As a Material Handler, you’ll enjoy weekends off, weekly paychecks, and paid training.
Monday - Friday
First Shift 630am-5pm
Some Saturdays 6 am-11 am
Material Handler Responsibilities
- Check incoming deliveries to make sure all ordered material meets quality standards
- Unload Material
- Organize stock in the most efficient way using forklifts, pallets, cranes, etc.
- Operate bandsaw to cut Bar Stock to the required length for production.
- Monitor inventory levels and suggest new orders when needed.
- Document orders, materials, and any stock movements.
Material Handler Requirements
- Proven experience as a Material Handler, Warehouse Associate, or similar position
- Experience in using warehouse equipment (e.g. forklifts, cranes)
- Strong communication skills
- Dexterity and attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Availability to work overtime
keywords: forklift/material handler/operator/general labor/laborer/manufacturing/production/shipping/receiving