We are looking for a Material Handler to help keep our storage areas organized and maintain our inventory. Material Handlers are integral warehouse workers. As a Material Handler, you’ll monitor inventory and communicate any shortages. You should have great attention to detail to maintain accurate records. Some physical strength is required since you may often need to lift material by hand. If you’re reliable and fast on your feet, we’d like to meet you.
- Check incoming deliveries to make sure all ordered material meets quality standards
- Unload Material
- Organize stock in the most efficient way using forklifts, pallets, cranes etc.
- Operate bandsaw to cut Bar Stock to required length for production.
- Monitor inventory levels and suggest new orders when needed.
- Document orders, materials and any stock movements.
- Proven experience as a Material Handler, Warehouse Associate or similar position
- Experience in using warehouse equipment (e.g. forklifts, cranes)
- Strong communication skills
- Dexterity and attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Availability to work overtime