Forging Machine Operator <<$20 and up BOE>>
Our client is a data-driven forging company with a long legacy in precision manufacturing, engineering, and supply chain management. We will take the time to develop you as a leader and to promote a highly engaged company culture. Enjoy competitive pay, benefits, and team celebrations and individual recognitions. Forging Machine Operators set up, operate, and tend forging machines to taper, shape, or form metal parts. They also read work orders or blueprints to determine specified tolerances and sequences of operations for machine setup.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check dies before setting up hammer to ensure nothing needs to be done to them before forging the order.
- Achieve the required quality standards on all parts that meet customer specifications.
- Verify hammer set-ups conform to all guidelines and specifications.
- Follow die change procedures and install all hammer dies properly.
- Remove and / or change dies using same procedures.
- Confirm that hammer dies have been properly installed and are operating safely and correctly.
- Adjust all operations settings to ensure the manufacture of quality forgings that do not require additional finishing processes.
- Maintain heat in dies prior to and during all production runs as necessary.
- Tong finished part from hammer die to part table for trimmer operator.
- Observe all equipment operations to detect any machine malfunctions.
- Operate fork-lift, air ram or other powered equipment as necessary.
- Read and understand shop traveler / production order for forging requirements, specifications and instructions.
- Use a variety of hand tools for set-ups and production adjustments.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe hammer unit by performing housekeeping tasks daily.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by the Company.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 1 to 3 years of steel forging or similar experience.
- Frequently lifting up to 50 pounds and frequently handling, carrying or transferring up to 80 pounds.
Related keywords: machine operator, manufacturing, die casting, forging, molten metal, sand molding