We have partnered with a local rolled steel company in rockford, currently seeking to hire a full time Hyster Forklift Operator to work in and out of the material yard, with experience reading a micrometer. Our client has been in the roll and forming of steel plate industry since 1954.
This job works Monday thru Friday and will join the Day shift team.
- Primarily Drive a Large Industrial Hyster Forklift
- Efficiently operate forklifts of all sizes to load, unload and move large units of Steel Pipes in a safe and high quality manner.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, and regularly climb in and out of forklifts.
- Maintain a continuous improvement and high quality mindset.
- Work cooperatively with management and co-workers to achieve all safety, quality and production goals set for work environment.
- Must demonstrate ownership in work performed, including quality of loading/unloading, housekeeping/organization and equipment preventative maintenance.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and follow directions.
- Must be adaptive to change and enjoy a fast paced environment.
- Use Micrometer
- Experience operating a Hyster or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience operating forklifts.
- Basic written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess ability to learn and retain basic technical knowledge regarding forklifts.
- Basic mathematical ability.
- Must be able to read a Micrometer.
Hours- M-F 7am-3:30pm