Responsible for processing customer-supplied art files for print production, and providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examine and process customer supplied art, and related documents, to meet Bag Makers’ specifications for print production.
- Revise existing art files, including but not limited to: client edits, re-draw, re-create, typeset, convert raster art to vector art, scanning.
- Proof/pre-flight art and job files for accuracy, ensure all jobs meet quality standards and are error free.
- Prepare art proof approvals and email or fax to customers.
- Assist team co-workers as needed or requested.
- Enter data into office and production computer software programs as required or directed by
- Answer phones and provide superior customer service in a professional manner.
- Offer creative design and/or technical solutions to customers and co-workers.
- Assist other office or production departments as needed and approved by management.
- Seek opportunities to improve skills and knowledge both in and out of the workplace.
Required experience: One year of full-time, paid experience in a PRINT production pre-press, design or
art department in an established business. High school diploma or equivalent.
Substitution for work experience: Completion of at least two years of college-level courses concentrated in PRINT production graphic arts, design and layout, desktop publishing or closely related coursework from an accredited college or university may be substituted for work experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Required Technical and Software Skills
- Advanced typing and computer skills using an Intel Mac running OS 10.8 or higher
- Intermediate skills using email programs, internet browsers and font management programs
- Experience in digital artwork creation and preparation for Spot Color output on a printing press
- Knowledge of digital file formats, graphic arts terminology and professional graphic design standards
- Advanced intermediate skills using Adobe CS5-CC Illustrator with emphasis on drawing, tracing,
layout and typography
- Intermediate skills using Adobe CS5-CC Photoshop
- Intermediate skills using Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Optional: Working within the PC platform Windows XP or 7, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook),
Corel Draw, VMware
- Understands and follows instructions and expresses ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in the English language.
- Excellent use of grammar, punctuation and spelling of the English language.
- Works quickly and accurately to meet multiple deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses and uses effective organizational skills.
- Interacts amicably with a variety of skilled/unskilled, professional and administrative personnel.
Personal skills and characteristics
Excellent communication skills; team oriented; flexible; proactive; self-motivated; able to work amid distractions; tactfully give and gracefully accept constructive critique; remain calm under pressure; cooperative and collaborative with clients, vendors and staff. Maintains a strong commitment to quality, professionalism and superior customer service.
This job description outlines general responsibilities for this position and should not be considered an exhaustive list of all duties to be performed. The employee in this position will be expected to follow instructions and perform other duties as requested by his or her supervisor.
Eligible for promotion to various positions within the company depending upon individual skills, performance, and qualifications.