We have partnered with our client in Union IL and are currently looking for an entry level accounts receivable clerk to work 8:00am -5:00pm. Our client is a printed bag supplier, specializing in non-woven, PET non-woven, paper, plastic, polyester, laminated, cotton/jute, and mesh bags, as well as ribbon, bows and tissue.
Responsible for providing support to all areas of accounting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Code checks and post to customer accounts.
2. Charge correct Visa/MC/AMEX on credit card orders.
3. Coordinate pre-payment process with customers, including communicating with the customer, estimating
UPS freight, and obtaining payment through credit card or check.
4. Maintain the correct information on customer accounts, including address, phone and fax.
5. Request credit references from customer-supplied reference lists.
6. Complete credit references received from other suppliers with shared customers.
7. Answer payment- and shipping-related questions.
8. Complete other related duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent required. SOME EXCEL NEEDED
1. Able to work with a variety of skilled/unskilled, professional and administrative personnel.
2. Able to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to express ideas effectively verbally and in
3. Knowledgeable about office administration, telephones and computers.
4. Possess effective interpersonal skills.
5. Able to complete assigned tasks quickly and efficiently.