The cook is responsible for coordinating activities of and directs training of prep cooks and food production staff engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure a safe, efficient and profitable food service.
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive attitude toward customers, co-workers and clients.
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes and menu cycle.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases. Requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies. Participates in weekly inventory of foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Responsible for adhering to fiscal and budgetary food operational plans.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes and determines food items for menu production.
- Supervises production personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in a safe and nutritious manner. Tests cooked foods as needed to meet standards.
- Trains newly hired cooks and food production workers with practices of the kitchen
- Establishes and enforces safety ,sanitation and proper food handling standards for the kitchen.
- Maintains established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Recognizes and adopts the appropriate menus and recipes to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
- Assists with recommendations and maintains a proactive human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development
- Maintains compliance with HHS standards of operation, client contract and within HHS policies.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines
Culinary Degree Preferred but not necessary
Food Handlers License
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour