Summary: First Shift, CNC Operator, 5:00am - 6:30pm. Mon, Tue, Wed
CNC Operator sets up and operates Anderson Stratos CNC wood router twin table machines to fabricate wood, plastic and solid surface parts by performing the following duties.
Job Responsibilities of the CNC Operator include but are not limited to:
- Study drawings & specifications to determine setup & tooling requirements.
- Select, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed and depth of cut, according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls as required.
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Interact in a positive, constructive manner with staff members on all levels within the company.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
Position Qualifications:To perform the job of a CNC Operator successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility listed above satisfactorily in addition to the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- CNC experience preferred but not required (willing to train the right candidate)
- Must be able to work Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 5a-6:30p orThursday/Friday/Saturday 5a-6:30p
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must possess strong basic math skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- A proven ability to work in a flexible work environment and adapt to overtime requirements as needed
Compensation $13.00-$15.00 BOE
Keywords: CNC / CNC Router / Wood CNC / CNC Operator