Summary: First Shift, CNC Operator, Mon-Fri 6:30am - 5:00pm and Sat 6:00am-11:00am
Our client in Machesney park is looking for several CNC Machinist's. Our client has been in the industry since 1977 and resides in a74,000 sq ft facility with 100+ pieces of CNC equipment.
Job Responsibilities of the CNC Operator include but are not limited to:
- Study drawings & specifications to determine setup & tooling requirements.
- Select, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed and depth of cut, according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls as required.
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Interact in a positive, constructive manner with staff members on all levels within the company.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
Position Qualifications:To perform the job of a CNC Operator successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility listed above satisfactorily in addition to the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must possess strong basic math skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- A proven ability to work in a flexible work environment and adapt to overtime requirements as needed
Mazak Nexus 250
Mazak Nexus 200
Mazak Multiplex 420, 430, 630.
Mazak Dual turn 20
Mazak QT35N 12”
Mazak mills.-(Verticals) Nexus 410A, Nexus 510 (Horizontals) Ultra 650, FH 480
Datio cut off saws
Mazak Megaturn 900
Star Swiss machine
Keywords: CNC / CNC Metal / Metal CNC / CNC Operator
- Machesney Park, IL (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $23.00 /hour