CNC Set-up Operator, M-F 6:30am - 5:00pm and Sat 6:00am-11:00am
We are looking to hire a couple Mazak Lathe Set Up Operators. Our client has been turning and milling steel since 1977 and resides in a 74,000 sq ft facility with 100+ pieces of CNC equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities of the CNC Set-up Operator include but are not limited to:
- Study drawings & specifications to determine setup & tooling requirements.
- Select, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed and depth of cut, according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls as required.
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
Requirements of the the CNC Set-up Operator
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read dial micrometer and caliper
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must possess strong basic math skills
- A proven ability to work in a flexible work environment and adapt to overtime requirements as needed (50-55 hours per week)